We are pleased to announce that we are looking for candidates for our Junior Fellowship position that focuses on the Community-Wealth.org newsletter, maintaining web content, and assisting with research. For further details, please see the position description below. Deadline for applications extended to October 9th!
- Assist with writing Community-Wealth City section of the website. Examples of this project can be found here.
- Assist with monthly newsletter draft, including writing content and finding pictures and formatting online. Newsletters are sent out by email and archived versions can be found here.
- Update and upload content for the website, including writing bibliographies and summaries for new articles and reports as needed. Examples of this kind of work can be found here.
- Assist with writing blog entries and developing new content for sections of the website. Blog entries can be found here.
- Assist with gathering background information in support of ongoing projects and research for papers and reports.
- An interest in the field of community-based economic development. (Actual experience not required.)
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and communication. (Specifically, having the ability to convey relevant information concisely and clearly.)
- A willingness to work flexible hours independently with clear deadlines.
- An ability to commit to 15 to 18 hours/week working out of our Takoma Park, MD office.
- Research experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
An agreement to work for a minimum of one year is required. Position can extend beyond one year by mutual agreement.
The position will receive a $12 hourly stipend and will be considered an “independent contractor” position. To receive full consideration, please submit applications by October 9. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a 3- to 5-page writing sample to the Democracy Collaborative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Democracy Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.