This month’s developments include:
- We highlight the release of the Grassroots Economic Organizing (GEO) Collective's free e-book, Scaling Up the Cooperative Movement, co-edited by Democracy Collaborative Senior Research Associate Thomas Hanna. Additionally, Thomas’s blog on locally owned power in Nebraska was featured in Yes! Magazine.
- We congratulate our friends and partners at the Roosevelt Institute | Campus Network for receiving the MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions.
- Executive Director Ted Howard, Research Director Steve Dubb, and Senior Research Associate David Zuckerman presented at the 14th Annual New Partners for Smart Growth Conference.
- In Alternet, Senior Fellow Gus Speth describes the current state of “uneconomic growth” in America, highlighting several locally rooted business forms that can support a transition to a people-oriented economy.
- Community Development Associate Violeta Duncan describes community foundations’ transition from passive to active grantmaking in an article in Social Enterprise Canada.